Welcome – this is where I share my thoughts on the things I find fascinating, exciting and inspiring. These are likely to be the books I’ve been reading – many of them history or biography, the movies, theatre and TV I’ve been enjoying, and my activities in the garden and the kitchen, and on the hiking trail.
Just to give you a flavour of my life, here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
- slowly getting better at Fair Isle knitting
- recovering from a sprained ankle (dangerous stuff, this hiking)
- catching up with my son and daughter, back from uni over the summer
- cooking! lots of cooking!
- reading about Orkney (was lucky enough to visit a month ago)
- enjoying my role as a school librarian and history ambassador to KS2
- harvesting and using huge amounts of fruit from the tree in my garden
- walking (bit by bit) the 630 mile South West Peninsula Coast Path
And doing what I can, where I can, to try and make the world a better place.